Rescue teams continue search and retrieval operations following the collapse of an under-construction building along Teodoro Street in Balibago, Angeles City early Sunday morning.
According to the Angeles City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office, the agency received reports of the incident at around 3:00 a.m. The collapsed structure was identified as a proposed nine-storey concrete building still under construction.






Mayor Carmelo ‘Jon’ Lazatin II personally visited the site as rescue personnel worked continuously to locate and assist individuals possibly trapped beneath the rubble.
To ensure organized coordination among responding agencies, the city government immediately activated the Unified Command System.
Under the setup, the Bureau of Fire Protection is leading the rescue and retrieval operations, while the DRRMO oversees logistics and operational support. The Philippine National Police has been tasked with maintaining security and crowd control, while the City Information Office provides official updates to the public.
Initial reports from the ACDRRMO said 24 individuals had already been successfully rescued from the collapsed structure as of posting time.
Two additional individuals were also rescued from a nearby apartelle reportedly struck during the collapse.
Authorities said search and rescue efforts remain ongoing to ensure that all affected individuals are accounted for and safely evacuated.
Mayor Lazatin remained at the scene to personally oversee coordination efforts and ensure responders and affected individuals receive the necessary assistance.
Authorities continue to urge the public to avoid the area to prevent disruptions to the ongoing emergency operations.








